Thursday, August 8, 2019

Estrid: The Cuts

Here's what I took out:

Sol Ring
Genesis Storm
Loyal Guardian
Loyal Drake
Epic Proportions
Dismantling Blow
Daxos of Meletis
Ravenous Slime
Dictate of Kruphix
Hydra Omnivore
Whitewater Naiads
Cold-Eye Selkie
Creeping Renaissance
Spawning Grounds
Finest Hour
Soul Snare

And to replace those cards:
Archetype of Courage
Enchanted Evening
Aura Thief
Archetype of Endurance
Flitterstep Eidolon
Hypnotic Siren
Market Festival
Plea for Guidance

Rootwater Matriarch and Pollenbright Wings were both suggestions from Matt, Aura Thief was something I saw in action (paired with Enchanted Evening), Starfield of Nyx and Dictate of Heliod are both card that should've been in the deck to start with, as should Plea for Guidance.

There's some interesting, maybe even good choices here, ways to go wide via tokens, ways to steal opponent's creatures, and ways to search for needed answers. I don't know if this is a wise direction to go in and I know that my creature density still isn't what I want it to be.

Worse, I just don't know that 'building a creature deck, but with enchantments' is what I care about. There's nothing to catch my imagination! What is this doing that isn't what any other deck does?



No comments:

Post a Comment