Thursday, August 15, 2019

On Participation

This weekend, there's going to be a "learn to play" event at Red Castle Games for the Transformers TCG. The weekend after that, there's going to be a draft.

I'm thinking about going for a little while, even though I already know how to play, just to see if I'll meet new people. I definitely want to go to the draft, to show I'm interested in playing and maybe making some connections. That is, in the end, why I play these games: to have fun with someone and make friends, if possible.

So I enjoyed this article's perspective on community building. It's a reminder that I shouldn't be afraid to go to the Magic Legacy events around me either. The worst that happens is I go 0-X and head out for a pint, right?

Maybe it's time to step up a little more.


No comments:

Post a Comment