Thursday, March 12, 2020

Two Choices

Predacons decklist
The next Transformers event at Red Castle (this Saturday!) has a Combiners or Titans theme. I decided to look into Predacons and Captain Omega Supreme as my possible deck choices. (I've included screenshots of the decklists, because converting Excel tables into HTML tables is a pain.)

These are both fun choices, and I'm not sure how to work them against the possible field. With Predacons, I want to focus on having the best weapons I can, while making my opponent discard their actions. That should be really good against other combiner decks and hopefully put a dent in the plans of Metroplex. Trypticon might well make an appearance and Disruptive Entrance can help slow them down, too.

Captain Omega Supreme decklist
With Captain Omega Supreme I want to draw all the cards with and always have an answer in hand, while also attacking for a lot. The ability to move into the midgame and then become a powerhouse that doesn't rely on my getting lucky enough to draw a card to do so, seemed far more advantageous.

Both decks need strong sideboarding plans, I think. With Predacons, The Bigger They Are is going to be useful against any Titan deck. There's also a possibility it would be good with Omega Supreme, too; even combined, Capt OS has fewer stars than the other Titans and the other Combiners, once they've combined.

A card I'm not sure about for Predacons is Enemy Combat Analysis. Against every combiner team except Constructicons it should be really good! But I expect Constructicons and Aerialbots and I don't know that ERC is worth the slots when I need pierce protection from Stable Cover, Point Defense System and W-5 Gyro Blaster

Squish Them Like Bugs is definitely a possibility with Omega Supreme: it's going to be useful almost every time against Combiner teams. Armed Hovercraft also has a place here; at worse it does one damage, at best it will do five. That's pretty helpful and I may have to create space for that maindeck.

But the devil's in the details, right?

At the moment, I'm tilting more towards playing Captain Omega Supreme: I like drawing a bunch of cards and getting to make choices. The Predacons are just a little too vulnerable, unfortunately, even with a lot of blue pips to shore up defenses. I need to be able to attack with +3 or +4 every time but I also need the disruption that Disruptive Entrance provides. The best weapons having blue or black pips on them, save Grenade Lanucher doesn't play nice with the need to aggressively boost the damage I need to do.

Still, it offers me some interesting choices and some more flexibility than Captain Omega does. But I don't know that this flexibility means a better game plan.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment