Tuesday, March 31, 2020

It's Really Nothing New

I think I'm done with Ready to Die. Last weekend I went through four different versions of the deck and made a stinkface at all of them, so I'm going to go for the most consistent build, and call it finished.

It's not crazy good, but I think it's in a consistent spot and will do what I need it to do. Tier 2? Sure. Effective for it's power level? Yeah, I think so.
3 Mirari

4 Impact Tremors

2 Second Harvest

8 Mountain
4 Gruul Turf
9 Forest
1 Westvale Abbey/1 Ormendahl, Profane Prince
1 Dwarven Mine

3 Tibalt, Rakish Instigator

4 Chatter of the Squirrel
3 Overrun
3 Rampant Growth
2 Acorn Harvest
4 Dragon Fodder
4 Firebolt
3 Make Mischief
2 Assault // Battery

 Sideboard
3 Fresh Meat
3 Red Elemental Blast
3 Veil of Summer
3 Sundering Growth
3 Overmaster
In order to give Ready to Die a little more consistent reach, I went up to four Impact Tremors. Yes, they fight for position with Dragon Fodder, but if Dragon Fodder now reads: "Create 2 1/1s and do 2 damage to each opponent-you may only play this card on turn three or later", well I figure that's a pretty good trade.

Second Harvest can function as an 'oops I win' spell under these circumstances, and in a pinch just pop my tokens from three to six creatures, making Overrun a legitimate finishing threat. Attacking with three 4/4s isn't as good as attacking with six. It's just math. Plus, it opens up the possibility of just flipping Westvale Abby.

So I'm leaving for now; this deck might've been stronger in W/G or W/G/R but it also would've been very, very different. I think it's in fine shape and I'm glad I stuck to my thematic guns. 


No comments:

Post a Comment