Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Armored Skeleton

My first pass at upgrading Hunter-Killer went like this:

Obvious trades are obvious; Galvanic Blast was a shoo-in for this deck but it wasn't until I sat down to revise Hunter-Killer that I realized I'd overlooked such a basic card.

One thing I'm curious about at this point is: can I shave a couple lands for some inexpensive artifacts?

Kaladesh block has a lot of cool things-I have added a Hope of Ghirapur as a replacement for one of the Myr Enforcers: are there more? Cutting a Swamp and a Mountain seems risky: if I can find something effective or that says "draw a card" however, it might be a good idea.

With a top end converted mana cost of three and Aether Vial to help, I am thinking it might be worth it! I could even cut four lands, adding in four Spire of Industry to keep the colors fixed and whack the Chromatic Stars to increase my threat count further.

Possible adds include; Ghostfire Blade, Scrapheap Scrounger, and Bomat Courier. The last of those I'm more iffy on, as I probably want to add four so they reliably show up turn one and I can start to draw cards off them. But it's a strong effect, so I have to consider it.

Ghostfire Blade is so cheap for what it does that I'd be a fool not to take advantage. Ornithopters that can attack for 2 on turn 2 should not be underestimated.

The mana base is split 50/50, but the analysis at Deckstats says that's correct so I'm OK with it. I'm a little nervous about shaving lands so some testing is definitely in order to see if I can accomplish what I want without as much mana.

No comments:

Post a Comment