Thursday, April 9, 2020

Hunter-Killer (formerly The Mechanix)

Originally named after a Megadeth song, that song is...creepy. Bad creepy. But Fear Factory's H-K is way better and so we're renaming it!
2 Chromatic Star
4 Aether Vial
4 Sphere of Resistance
4 Cranial Plating

4 Myr Enforcer
4 Disciple of the Vault
3 Atog
4 Etched Champion
2 Glaze Fiend
4 Ornithopter

3 Fling

5 Mountain
5 Swamp
4 Great Furnace
4 Vault of Whispers
4 Darksteel Citadel
It's pretty basic and has some old tech but I'm proud that the first time I build this deck, I included Sphere of Resistance, because this was well before anyone else was doing it. I'm inclined to keep that, since HK is so low to the ground it can operate with one out. Plus, Sphere is such a pain for so many decks.

Still, it's past time to update this. The existence of Kaladesh block along suggests I need to revisit this. I know Disciple of the Vault has fallen out of favor, but the chip damage it can do with Chromatic Star and Atog...wait. Atog?

OK, so first thing's first, swap Atog for Arcbound Ravager. I don't even know where my brain was there. Probably using Atog because I didn't have Ravagers at the time, but now I do so let's fix that.

Next up, let's see where we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment