Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Low Flying Jets

Starscream vs Optimus Maximus
Alright, let's finish this up. Sorry for all the delays-things have been, uh...well let's just admit there's a lot going on.

So it turns out, three Escape Route is too many. Because Starscream draws so much attention, I can confidently use Escape Route once and if I'm smart and lucky, twice.

But that third time means that something has gone very wrong for my opponent and I'm winning anyway. What is most likely to happen is that I'm going to draw or have the third copy available and Starscream will be dead.

So, two copies of that seems to be correct.

Now, I don't know that Starscream and the Raiders can hang with the best of 'em. I've been playing this deck against a decent range of stuff but there's been a lot of prototype decks, ideas in evolution, that sort of thing and that just doesn't give me the same kind of data that practicing against Bugs or OPBL decks might.

That said, I've done well against those prototype decks, so maybe call this one a Tier 1.5? Good but  not great, and with skillful play and smart sideboard options, a winner. (Although I am not sure how one sideboards this deck.)

I have heard some rumblings about how Tripwire is going to be the end of patrol decks like this but I don't buy that argument.

It's true that Tripwire is a good card and its stock goes up against the 4-5 wide decks. But they still have to draw it and then have to decide that it's the most important action they can take. I will take those odds.

Final listing:

1x Starscream - Air Commander
1x Raider Nightflight - Air Strike Patrol Spy
1x Raider Tailwind - Air Strike Patrol, Strategist
1x Raider Visper - Infantry, Patrol Leader Deck

2x Reprocess
3x Head-on Collision
3x Cooling Vents
2x Repair Bay
3x Improvised Shield
3x Reactive Armor
3x Aerial Recon
3x Bombing Run
2x Dismantling Claw
3x Inspiring Leadership
3x New Orders
1x Personal Targeting Drone
3x Force Field
2x Disassemble
2x Sharpened Talons
2x Escape Route

No comments:

Post a Comment