Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Night of Owls

Night of Owls in 3 player game
I'm happy to not leave readers hanging on. For once. 

So we last left the deck with a: nope, just take it apart. 

Which I mostly did. Then I took up a new deck, named after a Timeworn song, and sprinkled in some Strix to keep it on theme.

Then I tested the thing. The games felt good. Imperfect but has a solid core to work with. 

Testing showed me that I have one too many Doomsday Specters in there, so I cut one to add in a Drown in the Loch. I wanted to get it as consistent as I could and cutting one creature should be fine, since 24 creatures should be more than enough to get the job done, especially with the ability to draw into more, as I am running 9 draw spells. 

Should.

Sometimes it doesn't matter and in the three player game above, I drew more than half my lands while also drawing more than half my deck. One Glen Elendra Liege appeared-and while this deck doesn't need that card to win, the Liege does function as an Overrun style effect, appearing and messing with the combat math in huge ways. 

Still, I like where this is at far more; no deck is perfect and sometimes you get bad draws but this one gives me good stuff more often than not. 

2 Doomsday Specter
4 Glen Elendra Liege
4 Man-o'-War
4 Nightveil Specter
2 Plaguecrafter
4 Ravenous Rats
4 Baleful Strix

2 Impulse
3 Drown in the Loch
4 Drag to the Underworld
1 Borrowed Malevolence

9 Swamp
9 Island
1 Darkslick Shores
4 Underground River

3 Serum Visions

No comments:

Post a Comment