Thursday, June 4, 2020

Uneasy times

I caught this video from a few years ago of Joseph Gordon-Levitt playing Magic: they spend the first 10 minutes talking about how he got into the game, and what he remembers from playing as a kid. 

In the end, this is what games are about; the human experience we shared with someone. Games are, inevitably, about life and I've frequently said, if not here than elsewhere; If you want to get to know someone quickly, play a game with them. 

Their character will usually be revealed. 

So, it is with that in mind I present this article about speaking on the times of the day.

I know that I don't matter, when it comes to high profile Magic discussion, or even midrange profile discussion. I write for me and as an impetus to streamline my own selection of decks.

But things have gotten pretty awful over the past 3.5 years and especially over the past 10 days. While I don't expect it to be a constant theme, I do think that it's important for me to say this:

Donald Trump is leading a fascist movement in the United States and it's wrong. 

Killing unarmed people by the police is wrong. Black people are persecuted by systemic racism and it's on everyone, not just Black people, to fight that system.

This is a whole lot of bullshit. And I hope everyone is doing what they can to keep things from getting worse. 

No comments:

Post a Comment