Thursday, October 7, 2021

I've Looked Through All The Windows


While there aren't a lot of Black cards with haste, there are a few. Why is that relevant?

It's relevant because if I have to take my turn 2 off to play a Bad Moon, it would be helpful to start my turn 3 with a card that can take advantage of the Moon's effect immediately.

Similarly, if I take turn 3 to cast Drana, Liberator of Malakir (a card I want to test because whoa!) then taking advantage of Drana's boost on turn 4 with haste creatures seems pretty great!

That said, my options are limited. Most of the creatures are overcosted, and the spells tend to reflect graveyard strategies, which isn't where Fatalist is at at all. Nether Shadow doesn't really make me happy as it's a 1/1, Nether Traitor is effectively unblockable but I have to keep mana up to do it, and I want to use my mana up every turn. 

As a one or maybe two of, Mogis's Marauder seems interesting. I don't know that this is awesome but at least it's interesting. Similarly, Vengeful Reaper falls into that category.

For how, however, the bad cards are gone, the better ones are in and so far, so good? I had a very challenging game against Fuz using a Bant Walls deck-turns out that if you just care about pure defense, you can play creatures on as cheap a curve as any aggro deck.

However, the pro-white quality of Hand of Cruelty along with some timely Eliminates were key. One thing I liked, though, was how Banehound and Drana forced Fuz to make decisions. The lifegain from Banehound wasn't much but it did mean that I didn't have to worry about a massive 20 point crack back when I was tapped out. Drana was a creature that always had to be blocked, lest her ability take over the game. 

So Fatalist is coming along. 




No comments:

Post a Comment