Thursday, November 30, 2023

Warhammer Conquest 2023

Some notes taken from the last run of Warhammer Conquest games! The plan was to play the decks in a best out of three, but to change the planet systems between games.

Illumior Szeras vs Magus Harid/Praetorian Shadow

OG planets, we started off slow: It’d been awhile since Jason had played. I lost at the 5th planet: my resources were spread too thin and I just didn’t have enough Army units to match up with his resources.

Also: I spent too much time on the small units when he was putting his warlord at risk. Next time.

Round 2
Is much shorter; ends by planet 4 because I just got swarmed out, with no way to take out all the cheap creatures he had. I made a mistake by not picking the correct planet for a Defensive Protocols, and by not giving the correct creature Sweep so I could take out two at a time.

Eldorath Starbane vs Epistolary Vezuel

This ended by planet 3: Once again I was overwhelmed by resources and ended up playing a large unit at a planet I thought I had time to create a defense point at.

I did not. Three up, three down.

Round 2: This time it was all me: i was able to keep his units tapped down, and get damage in, despite the deep strike making some real problems with Holy Sepulcher getting his units back.

So to Round 3!

And on planet 3, I blew almost an entire hand on an attack with a Banshee Power Sword…to have it negated by the Indomitable. That was my downfall: I no longer had the resources in hand to help defend or capture a planet. I couldn’t have foreseen the Indomitable but damn, it was a rough way to go.

Yvraine vs Shaper Agnok

Rough game: I couldn’t gather enough resources to deploy cards and in the debrief, Jason and I looked at the cards in Shaper’s deck and realized that 5 of them just were both expensive and without the impact they needed.

So: at least 2 if not 3 new cards are needed here to shape up this deck.

Tras the Corruptor vs Urien

A total beatdown in both games: Tras could just not get anything going! The deck might be too chaotic.

All in all a fun evening of games! 

No comments:

Post a Comment