Thursday, November 16, 2023

The Retired: Wizard Fight!

This one was named after the best song Weedeater ever did. Honestly, they probably should've retired after this song, because I don't think anyone can top it. 

Still here we are:

1 Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind
3 Kami of the Crescent Moon
2 Psychosis Crawler
2 Dragon Mage

4 Words of War

4 Jilt
4 Repeal
4 Bewilder

9 Island
3 Izzet Boilerworks
4 Scalding Tarn
8 Mountain

2 Preordain
4 Wheel of Fate
3 Rolling Thunder
3 Serum Visions

While the idea is to use Words of War in combination with basically every red card drawing effect ever, and supplement WoW with Psychosis Crawler for a victory condition, Wizard Fight also had to run cards like Kami of the Crescent Moon. KotCM helps everyone, and the support cards I added in just weren't punishing enough.

Rolling Thunder is too slow and I don't have enough mana in here to make it truly dangerous. Jilt, Repeal, and Bewilder aren't even close to being a strong enough suite of cards to help keep the game in my favor.

This is probably a deck that if I refashioned it into a combo deck that used Blood Oath or Sudden Impact to do damage and Arcane Laboratory to control the board, would be more interesting to play. And since it turns out, I already have a deck like this, letting Wizard Fight! go is for the best. 

But the name is awesome! Maybe I'll reuse that. 

Note: No posts next week, as I'll be away for Thanksgiving and quite likely playing a lot of Warhammer 40k Conquest.

No comments:

Post a Comment