Tuesday, May 22, 2012

In Threes

I suffered some beatdown with Argus Kor.

Now, I should say that I consider that to be a good thing, overall. In a 4 person game I managed to make myself a big enough threat vs. Kiki-Jiki, Jenara, Asura of War and Gwafa Hazid that the Jenara player decided I had to be taken down first-despite Kiki-Jiki comboing us out. Twice.

Nevertheless, being able to put up some game at Red Castle always feels good. Those players are gunning for bear when they play Commander so when I've got something that can weather that assault I figure I'm on the right track.

Both the Gwafa Hazid and Jenara player suggested what Indigo.Righter did: Rise of the Hobgoblins. I'm not sure if I undervalued that card or just missed it but it does seem like it would be worthwhile. Marshall's Anthem might be cut for that. Something certainly will: When three people agree on the same card, it's time to give it a chance in the sun.

Powerstone Minefield was another suggestion and while I do like it, I'm not sure the Commander format is too concerned with dissuading tiny creatures from attacking. Still, it plays nice with Argus and might be something I can combine with other cards to make this deck stronger. It might also be something to keep in mind for a future deck. You just never know when something is going to be the perfect fit.

There's also Captain's Maneuver, a card I love but is more defensive. It's perfect for this format though; if I've got another deck that can use it and I don't have it in another deck already (though I think I do) I'll pull that out of the binder for sure.




2 comments:

  1. Don't forget in white you can make your enchantments into creatures ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True but I'm not sure how that would help this deck. What're you seeing that I'm not?

      Delete