Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Six Heads

This post started nearly a year ago. But over the holiday I got to play a TON of the Transformers game with my buddy Jason. So while the Transformers TCG scene has gone the way of fan sets only, I've got one official build in the tank. This was one I was very excited to try when Titan Masters Attack was released: an Orange-Black aggro deck.  

The battle deck:

Combat Dagger

Weapon

OB

3

 Escape Capsule

Utility

OB

3

 Fight for Position

Action

OB

3

 Fusion Borer

Weapon

B

3

Peace Through Tyranny

Action

OO

3

 RR Disruptor Blade

Weapon

B

2

 Rock Toss

Action

OB

3

 Special Delivery

Action

B

2

 Wedge Formation

Action

OBG

2

 Bashing Shield

Armor

OG

1

 Enforcement Batons

Weapon

OG

1

 Improvised Shield

Armor

OO

2

 Incoming Transmission

Action

O

2

 Grenade Launcher

Weapon

O

3

 Backup Plan

Action

W

2

Holomatter Projector 

Armor    

G

1

Heat of Battle

Action

W

1



The characters:

I'll tell you how I chose those characters: I mathed it out. That's right: I looked at star values and maxed out my values. Forget going big; I'm shifting from midrange to wide. 

And every card I could manage had an orange and black pip. Defensive decks had been taking over and I personally like playing aggressive strategies.

So Fangry (with Kreb), Chromedome (with Vorath) and Perceptor (with Parsec) are the crew. That Kreb gives me tough isn't relevant: the important part is that it's a sixth character. 

After the initial testing, Holomatter Projection came in because my meta insisted on builds that did non-combat damage. And then...something weird happened: the game got cancelled, the players took over building cards and many decided that the format was better off if you could only run one Headmaster in a build at a time.

Fans also started producing their own cards, which is why Vamparic Ribbon found a place in this deck. I figure; why not? If I still get to play then let's have some fun. 

And here's the thing: every one of those characters can bring the pain. Nobody wants to let Perceptor do its thing but getting a card with Chromedome doesn't suck and Fangry can always take on their heavy. The automatic bold means that with not much help, a surprising amount of damage can be done. 

Six Heads also includes the trick of using Peace Through Tyranny on a body that is not long for the game, in order to create turns where an overwhelming amount of damage gets dealt. 

I liked this deck a bunch and I'm sorry there's no more game to support it. But we'll talk more about the play patterns next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment