Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Steal What You Can Get

This Bad Check vs UG Apes

After a few more games, I think I'm set with This Bad Check Is Gonna Stick. Not because I'm bored, or because I dislike the deck. This kind of deck forces me to think differently about play patterns because it really is all about extending the game long enough to do the big floop. 

That is both interesting and difficult. 

However, one of two things need to happen from here. First, I need to play nothing but this deck for a month or so. While I will certainly continue to play this deck, I don't see myself focusing on just this. There are other things to write about, and lots of other decks to get to. 

But it's the only way I can see getting really good at this deck. 

The other thing is that new cards will have to come out. Now, new cards are always coming out but let's not get bogged down in the perpetual hype. The range of cards that fit into this deck is a small one, because of the need to ensure the Cascade trigger. So we're talking about a niche selection. 

Because I don't think I'm going to get a better top end then what I have-unless I wanted to go full Eldrazi- so this means the focus is on something that I can play before turn three that generates permanents. I believe that's been done as well as it can be, at least for now. 

On top of all that, I get to play Whirlpool Warrior. Just to mess with people! 

Still, because This Bad Check... is such a binary one-either it floops a bunch of stuff into play or it doesn't- I don't think there's any improvements I can make to the deck. I can only make improvements to may play. Which means it's a good time to wrap this one up. 

Final decklist:

3 Goblin Dark-Dwellers

2 Foundation Breaker

4 Shardless Agent

3 Wavesifter

2 End-Raze Forerunners

2 Fury

4 Tireless Provisioner

3 Scampering Scorcher

1 Whirlpool Warrior

2 Omnath, Locus of Rage


3 Abundant Growth


4 Violent Outburst


7 Forest

3 Island

7 Mountain

2 Khalni Garden

2 Tendo Ice Bridge

2 Aether Hub

4 Glimpse of Tomorrow


 Sideboard

 3 Zendikar's Roil




No comments:

Post a Comment