Thursday, January 27, 2022

Switch Up My Channel

Sabotage vs zombies

This is a bit of a rarity for me: everyone is tired of playing Sabotage except for me. I don't blame my friends, entirely: the deck is pretty good, it doesn't seem to need a lot of suggestions or changes and it has a blowout element to it, where I can be attacking for what can be argued is a silly amount of damage on turn two. 

I don't want to burn my people out on this deck. At least with other powerful decks I've built in the last year, there's been a process of ramping them up, or a random quality to them where I can take my shot and blow it. 

Sabotage doesn't do that much and the list I came up with from the start was pretty good, based as it was on an already powerful deck. 

Still, I haven't had to face many countermagic decks or combo ones. I fear what happens when I play Reanimator builds and they're able to use Grief to knock out the best part of my hand. 

I figure I've got one more set of games before I have to wrap this up but I'll admit, it's hard to put Sabotage down. The inclusion of Street Wraith has been a good thing, and if I could squeeze more in there, I'd probably do it. 

I haven't had time to get into the sideboard much but with Ragavan's recent banning and no action on Urza's Saga, artifact oriented decks should pick up a lot of steam. I'm definitely sticking with Meltdown in the slot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment