Thursday, May 16, 2024

Binary Brutality

Wrath of Code vs Bears

I got to play a few games with Matt and he was messing around with a couple new decks. I got beat pretty good; they were combo decks using Creative Technique and Maelstrom Wanderer, the other Sunbird's Invocation, Panantir of Orthanc and Approach of the Second Sun

What I learned from those games was that my sideboards wasn't quite where it needed to be. If I was going to deal with Storm decks like this, I needed Mindbreak Trap to help. And I know that the cards listed don't say Storm on them, but they work the same way and I believe if I am able to remove spells from the stack, that should put a big monkeywrench into the plans. 

But I will say that the Urza's Saga addition has been great, and Lavaspur Boots a very helpful addition to the deck. With those changes, I got some games against Fuz and the deck did very well. 

Here's the list:

2 Mishra's Bauble
4 Urza's Bauble
1 Aether Spellbomb
3 Barbed Spike}
1 Lavaspur Boots

3 Sai, Master Thopterist
3 Emry, Lurker of the Loch
2 Master of Etherium
4 Ethersworn Canonist
4 Patchwork Automaton
3 Kappa Cannoneer
2 Syr Ginger, the Meal Ender

3 Dispatch
1 Swords to Plowshares

3 Seat of the Synod
3 Ancient Den
4 Razortide Bridge
1 Plains
2 Island
1 Otawara, Soaring City
4 Mystic Gate
4 Urza's Saga

2 Thoughtcast

15 Sideboard|
SB: 4 Tormod's Crypt
SB: 1 Pithing Needle
SB: 1 Sunbeam Spellbomb
SB: 2 Hydroblast
SB: 1 Swords to Plowshares
SB: 2 Blue Elemental Blast
SB: 2 Metallic Rebuke
SB: 2 Archive Trap


Finally, I'm going to be on the road this weekend so no Tuesday post, but hopefully I'll have some cool things to talk about on Thursday. Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment