Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Ashy Illness

So, first I fixed the mana. Did I cut Blue? 

.....no. Look, I'm not entirely sure why Lat-Nam's Legacy doesn't have a bigger presence but the ability to recycle cards in my hand that are redundant (because they are on the board) for answers I may need is a big deal. 

Then, I added in Hunted Bonebrute, a card Fuz stumbled on while we were brainstorming. I like this card quite a bit here, and it makes for a good substitute for Exsanguinator Calvary.

These have been pretty amazing changes: the playability of Blackened Disease has become so much better. I am kicking myself a little for not looking at the mana sooner. At the same time, the deck has been a little challenging to test, because a couple people I play with have leaned into some token decks. 

Well, it's pretty dickish to play a deck that deliberately fucks over tokens, right? I don't get a proper experience with how the deck plays and their time is miserable. So I've had to be judicious about when I got to play the deck.

Still, things have been solid and fun to play. I really need to remember that the foundation of every deck is mana, and getting that right is critical to seeing if the idea actually works. 

Also, and I'm not saying this is right, but Maha is a pretty spicy card for this deck...

No comments:

Post a Comment