Thursday, May 30, 2013

Slave To The Grind

More Blue decks! Only this time with Black. This one was built back in the day-the day being when Glimpse the Unthinkable was printed. The upside to not doing mill decks very often and them only really being viable in Blue is that I often have an abundance of tools to make it work. If all is well, as with Chop Shop, there won't be much to change.

Still, I have to do something to make it interesting and for me, this meant using Arcane spells in order to ensure that I wouldn't run out of steam. Hideous Laughter almost never gets spliced but Dampen Thought does. In addition, the use of Isochron Scepter means that I can either stall (via Boomerang) or mill (with Dampen Thought or Vision Charm), commit perpetual murder (Diabolic Edict) or do even weirder stuff (with Twincast. There's something awesome about using Twincast on Glimpse the Unthinkable.) The only thing that really screws me over are graveyard replacement effects, like Wheel of Sun and Moon, which can be bounced and countered, or Eldrazi

Small nuisances, trust me. Also; because I have said that, I am sure to play against those cards. Nature of the beast, right? I will report back with fifteen games that all end with; 'Emrakul triggered and I died.'

Finally; this deck plays a grindy game, hence the name taken from the Skid Row song.
3 Counterspell
4 Dampen Thought
2 Hideous Laughter
2 Enervate
3 Boomerang
3 Muddle the Mixture
2 Twincast
2 Diabolic Edict
4 Vision Charm

4 Isochron Scepter

3 Damnation
4 Glimpse the Unthinkable

12 Island
8 Swamp
4 Watery Grave
I don't think there's much more to explain about this deck: it's using the best answers it can to stall out until I can mill my opponent down to nothing. All I need is time.

No comments:

Post a Comment