Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Kids Came From Miles Around

Initial research:

First, I did a search for things White might have that fit the theme. Unfortunately for me, there were more than a few cards that wanted to focus on artifacts or enchantments but there are some cool (if expensive) cards that did want to play into Chillout Tent's strategy. 

Second, I ran the deck through the Deckstats analysis to see what my curve looked like. Mostly as one might expect for a reanimation deck; lots of low end stuff, then a pretty big gap, and then a bunch of 5+ mana stuff.

The real challenge started to present itself at this point, when I started looking for ways to make this deck more re-animatory. 

So, how to get creatures in my graveyard? White isn't known for milling or card draw strategies. I just have to discard expensive creatures into my graveyard and there are not many discard outlets in White, certainly not many good ones. 

The other quality I'm running up against is that White's reanimation suite tilts heavily towards returning small permanents: Sun Titan is probably the best example of what I'm talking about. It's worth reconsidering how this deck functions, retooling it to be a more aggressive deck with an attrition win for the late game. 

This would orient me towards cards like Ajani, Adversary of Tyrants but what I'm stymied by at this point is what 1, 2, and 3 drops are worth it? What am I bringing back over and over that my opponents are wishing I wouldn't?

I don't hate the idea, I just don't know where it ends. Heck, I don't even know where it starts. 

I think I'm in trouble. 

No comments:

Post a Comment