Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Only Take One

Screenshot; Chillout tent vs Morph deck
Well, the idea started out pretty good. The execution needs work.

My first time sideboarding against an aggro deck Lauriel was piloting, I made a pretty big mistake.

I swapped out the Vengeful Dreams for Wrath of God, thinking: Hey, I want more mass removal than single shots. 

I should've taken out Elspeth Conquers Death. As it was, now ALL my removal couldn't appear until turn four or later and that was just too little, too late.

It was a bummer of a lesson, since everything else felt pretty good. But I had a 'oh, I have fucked up' moment.

Still, lesson learned.

In other card tweaks, I really want to keep Devout Witness in the deck somehow, even if it's just a sideboard card. But my current metagame doesn't allow for it; Humility is control deck enchantment of choice and Witness doesn't help me there. 

And I am not holding on to things like that anymore. Witness can come back when Humility isn't worth it.

I'm also experimenting with Otherworldly Journey in the Blessed Breath slot, to see if there's enough mass removal in the games I'm playing to justify it. We'll see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment