Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Maybe Eat Some Mushrooms

Computer screenshot; Chillout Tent vs mono B deck

So I threw in the kitchen sink. Sun Titan, Ajani Adversary of Tyrants, Elspeth Conquers Death, God-Eternal Oketra, Emeria Shepherd, Elesh Norn, Linvala the Preserver.  To increase my discard options I added Vengeful Dreams and Seasoned Hallowblade. Just add in All The Things.

And then a funny thing happened.

The interaction between Emeria Shepherd and Elspeth Conquers Death became exploitable. Vengeful Dreams did a lot of work, Elesh Norn was a house, Ajani made the small creatures problem creatures. 

What the heck? What in the heck? 

Is this actually good?

Well. Let's temper some expectations. My very first matchup was against a mill deck. When my opponent's wants to help me do what I want to do, that's definitely a leg up for me. On the one hand, I got to see what this deck would do well and what conditions were required. Plus, I won, and that always is encouraging. On the other hand, there was a realization that when not against a milling deck, I needed to play this in a more cautious manner. Grinding the game out was relevant. 

But it's working? I don't know if I should have a Dr. Frankenstein reaction or a happy one. 



No comments:

Post a Comment