Thursday, February 24, 2022

Set and Cure

Quickmix vs mill
For the moment, I'm not sure I can take this deck any further. It's got a strong early game but it needs a little sauce for the next step and I'm not sure what that would be. In many cases the strong early game will be enough! But I don't think it's there yet.

Other tweaks that could be made would involve shifting the manabase to include Scalding Tarn, just so I can thin the deck. If I want to stick to the theme, though, I think this is where it's at. 

4 Riverfall Mimic
3 Mindwrack Liege
4 Lightning Stormkin
4 Prismari Apprentice
2 Hypersonic Dragon
2 Elemental Expressionist 
4 Clout of the Dominus
2 Electrolyze
2 Schismotivate
3 Prismari Command 
7 Mountain
4 Volcanic Island
1 Izzet Boilerworks
7 Island
4 Frostboil Snarl 
3 Ral Zarek 
4 Expressive Iteration

I think if I was going for a sideboard, it would look like this:

4 Leyline of Punishment (lifegain decks are no fun)

4 Tormod's Crypt

3 Mindbreak Trap

2 Elixir of Immortality 

2 Meltdown or 2 Locust God 

I like Locust God because it's a problem unto itself. As a six drop, it is the kind of thing that can take over a game. If Quickmix wasn't thematically focused on the Mindwrack Liege/Mimic, that would probably be the big gun.

However, Meltdown is Meltdown and there are decks that just fold to that card. Apply as necessary, I suppose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment