Tuesday, May 5, 2020

An Execution in Fury

I'm going to let Hunter-Killer rest now. Playing this deck has been interesting, but more importantly, exposed me to the joys of an incredibly focused deck. That focus has allowed me to get out of situations I was not certain I could escape. When my opponent is attacking for 10 on turn three, I definitely felt the pressure.

Auntie Affinity still loves me
But topdecking answers is a hell of a way to win.

I stuck with Bedevil as the sideboard option but it didn't come up. I think it still would've been useful in this matchup, as I'd swapped them out for Sphere of Resistance, a card that Fuz's deck didn't care about.

But it's time to work on something else. Ikoria is nearly out in paper form, with lots of cool things to try, there are any number of decks in The Retired timeline and I've been messing with multiple decks in the Transformers game.

I've been able to play OCTGN lately to test some ideas, and I've really started to lean into some odd concepts. We'll see how those play out-but at another time. For now, I leave you with this:

4 Sphere of Resistance
4 Cranial Plating
4 Aether Vial
2 Ghostfire Blade
4 Ornithopter
4 Disciple of the Vault
4 Etched Champion
3 Arcbound Ravager
1 Hope of Ghirapur
2 Bomat Courier
3 Fling
3 Galvanic Blast
3 Swamp
4 Darksteel Citadel
4 Great Furnace
4 Vault of Whispers
3 Mountain
4 Spire of Industry

SB:
3 Grafdigger's Cage
2 Tormod's Crypt
3 Red Elemental Blast
4 Bedevil
3 Duress



No comments:

Post a Comment