Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Proactive Explosives

Shattergang Bros vs Kadena

All is not perfect, though, with the Brothers. 

I played two games against Kadena, Sinking Sorcerer and got blown out. 

Now, I'll admit my draws weren't the best, but I'll also say that I saw some weaknesses: Carnage Altar was a card that came online early and I couldn't do anything with. 

The problem is a mana one: Carnage Altar costs 3 to cast and three and a creature to use: that's 6 mana, plus whatever mana I invested in a creature, in order to draw a single card!

Which is a terrible return. Compared even with Jar of Eyeballs, which lets me pick the best card out of X top cards for 6 mana and you can start to see what the better deal is. 

Maybe I'm overthinking it: Eternal Witness is a simple solution to a few problems, while being a solid body. Since this deck wants to do so much sacrificing, that might be wise. Not always awesome in the early game, but I'm not going to play it on turn three anyway. 



No comments:

Post a Comment