Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Spreads Like Wildfire

Inferno vs UG Changlings

"This deck is fast!" Fuz tells me. Which felt weird; Inferno doesn't seem fast to me! But this may be because the deck plays out differently depending on what is available to me and the matchup. 

Heck, I've even gone into a grinder of a game against Matt, using repeated activations of Goblin Charlbelcher to try and win. I didn't...but I did almost 200 damage, so it wasn't for lack of trying.

I feel like this deck is in an interesting space, since the concept has a solid skeleton but just is in the 'how to get the details right' mode. 

I don't want to set this aside but I'm also not sure how to take it further. I've tried adding acceleration, via Simian Spirit Guide but that didn't really give me a more explosive start.

One card that has been really useful is Sudden Breakthrough: it's a great surprise during combat and it helps the Magda plan. I've been impressed at how solid it is, turning combat into something favorable. 

I've started testing Goldspan Dragon in place of Torbran: it's searchable, and it adds to the Treasure plan. I'm not 100% on board with it yet, because it doesn't just win the game; if I spin out an Akroma's Memorial I've created an imbalance that favors me. 

I need Goldspan Dragon to do something similar and I'm not sure it does that-but it doesn't suck.


No comments:

Post a Comment