Thursday, September 2, 2021

Strawberry Swirl

Inferno vs Yorion

"So, you've decided to add White to your deck..." It feels a little strange but if I'm going to mess with the manabase, let's pick the best cards. 

Depala is a good card, but mana intensive. Still, a boost to the team coupled with the ability to pay to draw cards can be useful. Plus the ability triggers when she becomes tapped, which means I can trigger it via Dwarven Bloodboiler on an opponent's turn. 

The other thing I'm doing is utilizing the double-faced cards from Zendikar to access White mana, without having to use Plains. It also means that when I activate Charbelcher, I can show a Sejiri Shelter and not have it meet Charbelcher's land reveal. 

Toolcraft Exemplar, which I mentioned in my last post on this, doesn't seem like a great addition. Sure, it's a one drop that can get bigger but that ability won't trigger until turn 3, and that's under the best conditions. Again: this deck is doing something a little weird, so I need to keep it focused, so it can work even if the weird thing doesn't happen.

Plus, I don't have a lot of turn one ways to generate White mana. And once again, I'm confronted with a basic truth about some of the decks I play: I cannot afford to get weird just because I think it's cool. I have to build off of my already weird idea and fortify it. 

Despite that, I believe that having four Swords to Plowshares can justify the presence of White, too. So there aren't many cards but I'm hoping they'll be great contributors and open up my sideboard options.


No comments:

Post a Comment