Thursday, June 29, 2023

The Void

Black Silence-White Noise vs Mono-W
After a little testing, I decided to remove Tourach, Dread Cantor. This deck just wasn't using that card to its full potential. 

I thought about Kitesail Freebooter but apparently that princess is in another castle. Besides, I only really thought about Freebooter after finding out I didn't own any copies of Opposition Agent. Which is weird, I really thought I had some.

I'm not opposed to getting some but I'm trying to solve a problem in the now. Enter: Oona's Prowler

My thinking here is that if my opponents want to throw away cards to avoid taking damage, that's their problem. But a 3 power flier is nothing to sneeze at, and while I'm taxing their other resources they will have to make the choice of either hording what's in their hand in hopes they can play it in time to save themselves, or getting rid of things and hopefully drawing into something.

In the meanwhile, I can keep up the pressure with Timeless Dragons. 

I may still pick up Opposition Agent. There's no point in pretending that Oona's Prowler is a strictly superior card, because most of the time you'd want an Opposition Agent. For now and for this budget, however, I think I like where the deck is at. 

3 Spelltithe Enforcer
3 Windborn Muse
3 Elite Spellbinder
3 Anointed Peacekeeper
3 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
4 Timeless Dragon
3 Oona's Prowler

4 Phyrexian Arena

4 Pile On

8 Swamp
10 Plains
4 Silent Clearing

4 Duress
3 Damn


No comments:

Post a Comment