Tuesday, June 13, 2023

You Can't Depend on the Sacraments

In the end, I decided to split the difference. I didn't do this just because however: the power of Starnheim Unleashed fills a huge role in Busload, giving it some reach that would otherwise be lacking. That didn't mean I could ignore the lack of removal, however. 

To that end, Selesnya Guildmage needed to go. It was another another mana sink, but four mana to give +1/+1 to everything just isn't even comparable to Ezuri. With six removal spells in Busload, that should give me enough density to reliably remove a creature that needs to go. 

Testing this out against Noah, I found that for the most part I've got it dialed in. He was playing a really interesting Vesuvan Drifter deck that could do terrible things to me.

But the games were engaging and I felt like I got to make interesting choices and take actions that kept me in the game.

I like where this is at, and I think I can move forward. 

4 Thorn of Amethyst

2 Llanowar Elves
2 Elvish Champion
3 Sylvan Messenger
3 Fyndhorn Elves
3 Llanowar Knight
3 Imperious Perfect
2 Ezuri, Renegade Leader
1 Elvish Archdruid
3 Priest of Titania
3 Leaf-Crowned Visionary

2 Ossification

4 Fateful Absence

4 Brushland
5 Plains
9 Forest
4 Razorverge Thicket

3 Starnheim Unleashed

15 Sideboard
SB: 4 Glowrider
SB: 2 Reclamation Sage

SB: 4 Rest in Peace

SB: 3 Path to Exile
SB: 2 Force of Vigor

No comments:

Post a Comment