Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Reuse Repurpose

 I got to play two games with Scavenger against Noah; one with Grist, and one with Tyvar, Jubilant Brawler

I feel like Tyvar is pretty easy to justify: the ability to use tokens for mana immediately isn't bad, the ability to return a creature from the graveyard is pretty nice too. The +1 isn't amazing but it is still useful!

The first matchup was with Grist in the deck against Goblins and I was able to utilize Night Incarnate to stay in those games. Mana adjustments have been positive-I was even able to play through a couple Wastelands, which felt good. 

Unfortunately, Scavenger still fell short. Noah agreed the games were interesting matches but he was still able to present lethal. 

Later that evening, I swapped the Voracious Larva for Tyvar and found the abilities to be just as useful as I had hoped! I think I ended up playing Goblins again and I still lost but also the plan of the deck didn't come together either; I didn't see any of my engine pieces. 

3 Desecrated Tomb
4 Witch's Oven

3 Urborg Elf
4 Hapless Researcher
1 Guile
1 Dread
4 Cauldron Familiar
3 Reassembling Skeleton
3 Malcolm, Alluring Scoundrel
3 Night Incarnate
2 Rootwater Diver
3 Tyvar, Jubilant Brawler

4 Insidious Roots

5 Swamp
1 Salt Marsh
4 Island
5 Forest
3 Jwar Isle Refuge
4 Zagoth Triome

So for now, this is the list. I would like a little more card draw, so it might be worth looking for a Hapless Researcher replacement. However, since this deck has put up a good battle against a solid Goblins deck, I feel like it is in a good place! They don't all have to be A tier decks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment