Thursday, August 15, 2024

Sifting Through

My first run against Fuz showed me where I was holding on to ideas that were just not helping. Cutting the 'engine' of the deck-Basalt Monolith and Mesmeric Orb- was clearly mandatory.

So after some consultation with him, this was what I came up with:

4 Desecrated Tomb
4 Witch's Oven

3 Urborg Elf
4 Hapless Researcher
1 Guile
1 Dread
4 Cauldron Familiar
2 Reassembling Skeleton
3 Malcolm, Alluring Scoundrel
3 Night Incarnate
2 Rootwater Diver
3 Splinterfright

4 Insidious Roots

3 Swamp
1 Salt Marsh
5 Island
6 Forest
3 Jwar Isle Refuge
4 Zagoth Triome

I like Malcolm as a way to sift through my library; I'm not sure if it's good but at least it is interesting. And 2 damage in the air per turn is a clock, even if it isn't the fastest one.

More relevant is the Witch's Oven/Cauldron Familiar combo. Now that the Orb/Monolith is out, Scavenger still needs an engine for the deck to help it get wins. This is a great place to start and it's pretty cheap to get going. Plus, it means that Rootwater Diver still holds relevance! 


No comments:

Post a Comment