Tuesday, January 2, 2018

PV's Rules

Along with thinking about the consequence of lines of play, comes this article by Paulo Victor Damo da Rosa.

I hadn't ever thought about it but yes: forcing a choice is better than allowing the opponent options. This puts a new dimension into thinking ahead and one I'll have to work on keeping in mind.

Adding on to this, is a neat article by Jadine Klomparens on creating consistent lines of play. While I think it's important to be flexible to new information, I've noticed that a lot of decks are good because of their focus. Similarly, a lot of strategies are good because of the focus, instead of deviating from the norm. But when you pick a strategy, as she says,
"when you make that first choice, you should be thinking about all the similar choices that will be in front of you in the future, not just the next one."
That's some pretty forward thinking and it's difficult to lean into it when in the middle of a game. Which is why I need to keep practicing. It never really ends, and that's something I'm OK with...but I wouldn't mind seeing some results. So that's the goal for 2018; get better.

That's always the goal but it helps to say it aloud.

No comments:

Post a Comment