Thursday, January 4, 2018

Solid Starts

Things have started off well for Licia: games against Zedruu, piloted by Fuz and Ragnar, piloted by Noah, have resulted in wins.

I still have questions about some cards, especially the ones that lean heavily on the tribal theme, such as Kindred Boon, although that card has proven to be VERY good, and keeping Licia on the table with indestructability isn't anything to sneeze at. Still; it's not as good as it would be in a strict tribal deck and even with Rivals of Ixalan providing more vampire fodder-and more Commander cards at large-I want to keep my eye on it.

The cards that are too narrow, like Swords to Plowshares or Bloodhusk Ritualist are also suspect. Pinpoint removal does have its place but Commander is too often a multiplayer format for me to be comfortable with these kinds of answers.

I had a pretty bonkers result from Black Market in my game with Noah, since at one point it was making eight mana a turn, and it really makes me want to up the number of Debt to the Deathless effects in the deck. However, without reliable mana sources, I just don't think Black Market would work as effectively as I would like. I certainly don't want to take one really good experience and then expect Licia to repeat it every time, without gearing my deck to perform that way.





No comments:

Post a Comment