Thursday, January 25, 2018

Untested

I went to the Tonic on Monday with the full intention of testing out Sygg, River Cutthroat, but I arrived late and multiple games were already in session.

To make things more complicated, there was a band performing in the stage room. What this really meant was that whenever there was time between songs, people were coming out to get a beer-which isn't a problem, except for all the stage fog they were letting into the area.

Magic is a difficult enough games as it is; playing in low light and fog? I suppose it would've made for a great Innistrad draft but for everything else it's a bit of a bummer.

So I didn't get to play Sygg. But I did meet a couple of nice fellows who were playing what they called 'Kitchen Table Magic' and they were OK with playing a few rounds so I pulled out Rize of the Fenix (which lost to mono-W humans because I kept a terrible hand), Hope is a Passenger (won against a G/B thing that never seemed to come together) and Mobile Shooting Gallery, which has recently undergone some revisions because of Ixalan's Ripjaw Raptor.

I've been trying to get MSG to be more consistent: What does it lose to? Wrath effects and countermagic. So more Spellbreaker Behemoth, Elemental Bond over Kavu Lair along with the Raptor to keep my threats on board and...testing it out to see how it goes.

I went 1-1 against affinity, so I feel pretty good about that but I'd really like a game three.

Next week, I hope. Or Commander games! Either is good by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment