Thursday, January 18, 2018

Reading Wrapup

Cerebral Eruption does not do what I thought it did.

I had thought that it would cause each opponent to reveal their top card and if anyone revealed a land, then the Eruption would return to my hand.

No: it's instead a four-mana spell that if it whiffs, allows me to pay four mana to do it again. And that's no good at all: I have room for either goofy spells that go wide or serious spells that don't but not goofy spells that are narrow.

The lesson here: take your time, read and understand the card before you take action.

Also, I still have Pawn of Ulamog in this deck. Despite these missteps, Licia has been performing pretty well! In my last game against Noah and Matt, I had an excellent position up until Noah animated all my lands, cast Wrath of God and that pretty much took me out. Sure, I was still a player but I was just waiting to die. In his defense, Noah felt bad about that.

Divine Reckoning and Gisela, Blade of Goldnight are coming in to replace the cards I'm taking out. I'm keeping Defiant Bloodlord in my back pocket though.

Divine Reckoning is there to give me more board resets and Gisela is one of those cards that is really good for me, and really a pain for any opponents. Why attack me if your forces are blunted, or worse, you're going to be on the end of a very nasty stick next turn?

If Gisela doesn't work out well, then Defiant Bloodlord is a great way to run a duplicate Sanguine Bond. I'm just reluctant to do so because Bloodlord is so expensive.

Still, I think I'm set with this deck. It's playing well, though better in multiplayer than in 1v1, and I'm enjoying my time playing it. It's a little slow to get out of the gate but the life gain helps keep me in games until I'm able to make my move.

Next up, I'm taking on a deckbuilding challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment