Tuesday, October 20, 2020

The Hot Mind On

Well! This has gone way better than planned. 

Which is always pretty nice. 

I got some games in against a G/B counters deck and a Goblins build, as well as an old school Pickles deck (the Pickles deck wants to lock you out of untap steps). 

All of those matches went well-the only one I lost was against the Goblins build which was a great matchup. Living Death has problems with Sling-Gang Lieutenant

Despite that, the match was split 1-2 and that last game I came fairly close to pulling it off, but all my lifegain triggers went on the stack before my opponent's and that was that. 

It's a new deck so I'm sure that my use of Orah, Skyclave Hierophant was suboptimal, though it may be that the card is not what the deck can use. Vito, Thorn of the Dusk Rose, however, was a rockstar. It wasn't quite a Hexdrinker rule situation, but Vito put a real hurt on. 

A card that I wasn't surprised about though was Drana's Emissary. Efficient and with a Vito in play is absolutely scary for opponents. 

Which means I'm off to a good start!

No comments:

Post a Comment