Thursday, October 15, 2020

Tight Tension On

 I ran this deck through the Deckstats algo, and while I haven't felt that I was squeezed on black mana, it seems clear that I don't have enough black mana. So that'll be a tweak.

Fortunately for me, there's a whole new suite of really awesome lands that should take care of this, so I'm adding in four Brightclimb/Grimclimb Pathway

In addition, as fortune would have it, PowrDragn recently did a video of W/B Clerics. Sure, it's Standard and is tilted more aggressive, but there's still something to ponder here. Archfiend's Vessel and Speaker of the Heavens are cheap Clerics that could help give me time. Archfiend's Vessel plays well with Living Death, too.

However, for now there's been an overhaul of nearly 1/3rd of the deck:

-2 Plains
-2 Swamp
-1 Auriok Champion
-1 Ghost Council of Orzhova
-2 Orzhov Pontiff
-2 Headhunter
-1 Doubtless One
-
4 Kor Sanctifiers
-
3 Vile Deacon
-
2 Skulltap

Replacing those cards we have:

4 Brightclimb/Grimclimb Pathway
4 Winds of Abandon
3 Cleric of Life's Bond
3 Suture Priest
2 Vito, Thorn of the Dusk Rose
2 Orah, Skyclave Hierophant
3 Drana's Emissary

There's a great deal of chip damage here, changing this deck's path to victory to a Living Death, you lose life, vs Living Death, now I attack plan. Along with the addition of Winds of Abandon to decrease my opponent's ability to make any gains off of a Living Death, in case the attack plan becomes necessary.

Cleric of Life's Bond, in addition to being cheaper than Vile Deacon, can have a more immediate impact on the board, even if it can't attack. Vito contributes to the chip damage and Orah might just be the Glory of Cool Things. But I want to give it a go and if doesn't work out, then slots open up for Archfiend's Vessel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment