Thursday, October 8, 2020

Superion

I really want to like this. It's a sliver deck, who doesn't like sliver decks!?

3 Boomerang
3 Dismantling Blow
4 Accumulated Knowledge

3 Essence Sliver
3 Ward Sliver
3 Synapse Sliver
1 Shifting Sliver
4 Sinew Sliver
2 Crystalline Sliver
3 Talon Sliver
3 Winged Sliver
3 Opaline Sliver
1 Pulmonic Sliver

10 Island
10 Plains
4 Hallowed Fountain

And yet. Even when I tweaked the deck to this:

-3 Synapse Sliver
-1 Pulmonic Sliver
-1 Shifting Sliver
-3 Dismantling Blow

+2 Diffusion Sliver
+2 Winds of Abandon
+2 Jace, Architect of Thought
+2 Ajani, Adversary of Tyrants

I still wasn't having those moments when the sliver deck just clicks and 'bam' that's it, game is done. 

I will say Jace was better than I had thought and deserves a slot in a deck somewhere, but Ajani was not a great fit-Crystalline Sliver does not play nice with Ajani's +1, but Crystalline Sliver is one of the most important cards for the deck. 

However, the real problem is that this deck needs green. Muscle Sliver and Predatory Sliver make this tribe crushing, giving it that momentum to close games out. Otherwise what this deck presents are low-level threats on a loooong timeline. That gives opponents too much time to get their gameplan into motion. 

So as much as I hate to do it, I think this one becomes part of The Retired series.  




No comments:

Post a Comment