Tuesday, May 18, 2021

I Was Born To Burn

Black Wind Fire & Steel vs RB Bloodthirst

I'm still having Embercleave problems. Finding the balance between creatures and removal has been tricky. The addition of Zurgo has been an overall positive, giving me more turn one plays, but closing out has been a challenge. 

Certainly some of my removal is not as versatile as it could be: Scorching Dragonfire is no Incinerate and my options at two mana are slim. But it isn't that Dragonfire is terrible; it's that I generally have to pick between hitting players or creatures among cheap Red damages spells, and I'm choosing creatures so that my creatures can do the heavy lifting.

After a match against Noah where I had two Embercleaves in hand and no way to cast them, he suggested Conspiracy Theorist

I'll admit, I've ignored creatures that didn't get a boost from Lovisa Coldeyes but the flipside of this is that Fearless Liberator has been just average at best, and is a huge mana sink to get a 2/1. Conspiracy Theorist could also read: Pay 2 when this attacks to draw a card and get a Zurgo. 

That seems pretty good, so let's try it out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment