Tuesday, May 4, 2021

I Will Never Die

Black Wind Fire & Steel vs mono-g Giants

There has been a cool combo that came from the gold fishing of this deck.

Eradictor Valkyrie and Bloodsoaked Champion have a nice synergy: Attack with the Valkyrie, sacrifice the Champion with Boast and then bring it back via Champion's Raid ability. It's expensive, yes but it's also repeatable removal.  

So, into the testing we go!

And against a very aggressive zombie deck Fuz piloted, I got to see his deck work, then my deck work and then a slog in game three that he won. 

Recurring zombies are a bear to manage, for sure. 

So let's try and tweak it, because at least four copies of Valkyrie/Champion should be there. It's a nice synergy to exploit if the game goes long! And how can I ignore this cool thing I discovered? 

However, it also means cutting Balthor, the Stout and, if I'm going that far, are Keldon Champions really worth it, when I could up the removal pieces? 

After those changes I noticed I was having black mana issues. The first time I wish I had black mana is a fluke, the sixth time, not so much, so I rechecked the deck: 42% color available vs 51%, needed.

Thankfully, a very easy fix.

That said, BWFS has been making some notable progress! It's a deck that can get going in the early game and has some solid finishing haymakers. Plus, now that the mana's been fixed, my game should smooth out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment