Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Steel Is On My Side

 

Black Wind Fire & Steel vs GB magecraft

A few tweaks and I think Black Wind Fire and Steel is set. 

Conspiracy Theorist has been quite good-I'm not sure if it is good enough to meet the Hexdrinker rule (where a card is so good that the opponent's response is: That has to go, right now.)-but it has been good. With hands that have an Embercleave, it's an attacker that helps reduce the cost. When there is no Embercleave to be found, I can pay one to draw a card, and if that card is a Bloodsoaked Champion or a Zurgo Bellstriker, paying an additional mana to get that on the board is usually not a problem at all. 

I also found copies of Flame Burst in my Odyssey binder and have decided to run four of those over Scorching Dragonfire. While removal from the game is not irrelevant text, Dragonfire's targeting limitation is a problem for BWF&S which can be stonewalled in the midgame. Flame Burst can go to the opponent directly and that makes a difference.

To make room for the full set of four Flame Burst, I ended up cutting one Chainer's Edict. I think this is a fine trade off.

So there is where I'm leaving it:

4 Embercleave

3 Shivan Zombie
3 Lovisa Coldeyes
4 Eradicator Valkyrie
4 Bloodsoaked Champion
3 Combat Celebrant
3 Zurgo Bellstriker
3 Conspiracy Theorist

3 Bedevil
4 Flame Burst

5 Swamp
3 Akoum Refuge
1 Lavaclaw Reaches
10 Mountain
4 Blightstep Pathway/ Searstep Pathway

3 Chainer's Edict



No comments:

Post a Comment